Sunday, March 6, 2011

Thanks to All My Party Guests

Had a wonderful party Friday night. 100+ people came out to  listen to Trifecta, eat lots of sugar, drink, mingle and say their goodbyes to me.  Everyone seemed to be having a good time - that sugar-alcohol-dancing combo is pretty nifty, for awhile.  People were so generous with their donations that I was able to pay for the party costs with left overs to help with all the foreseen and unforeseen challenges of the last few weeks getting ready to leave.  Thank you everyone !

I know that once i slow down and sit on the 5 hour flight from SFO to Philly it will hit me that I am really leaving and that I am leaving a wonderful community and group of friends.  Once I get on the 15 hour flight from JFK to Johannesburg, South Africa a few days after that, with arms numb and sore from the innoculation clinic we get in Philly, it will really be sinking in.  Meanwhile I am enjoying reconnecting with so many old friends, including two college buddies who came from Ashland and LA to say good bye, as well as so many people I have gotten to know over the last 22.5 years here in Humboldt.  I will hold these memories of Humboldt friends, fun, wine and chocolate dear when I am swatting flies and waiting for cooler, wet weather somewhere in Botswana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment