Sunday, March 6, 2011

Technology is overrated!

Interesting week it was! Car didn't pass smog due to an old "injury" my car sustained years ago near the gas tank. So I take it in to have it fixed and waited at a coffeeshop for a few hours.  My computer had started to act really strange the night before so I couldn't get on the internet, but I could update my various lists of things to do, so I did. My phone was sucking the battery, so I couldn't make too many calls.  At least my umbrella worked - that technology is much more useful, it turns out.  So, walked back to get my car around 4 p.m. and, well, get this, they hadn't been able to work on it!  A phone call woulda been a nice gesture. But at least they know what is wrong with it for when it goes back in!  Meanwhile, the computer got worser and worser (that is techno-talk for words I don't want to type here where my nieces might see them) and became unwilling to type certain letters, like "t" and "y".  We have alot of those things in english words. trust me.  or "we have alo of hose hings in english words. rust me."  The same day all this is happening, we get our staging email telling us to call the travel agent asap to book our flights to Philly on the 31st.  Well, I figured that 39 other PC volunteers would be rushing to call, and I sat there with a dieing phone in the middle of the coffee house, so I said, Nah. Tomorrow is good for that.  Besides, I was creating a new language with no ts or ys and could not be disturbed, or disurbed. you pick.  And renting a moving van to put things in storage.  Otherwise a lovely day it twas - got to spend 2 hours at the gym, walk around in the rain and discuss the merits of using grape seed oil as a skin lotion with the women at the Co-op.

The next day, I sent the computer back where it came from hoping for a minor miracle or at least a full alphabet.  In the process, I found a usb cord and have no idea what it belongs to, so I sent that along for good measure.  too much technology hurts my brain, I have decided.  I am about to tackle putting more music on m mp3 player. So far I can put stuff on, and know it is there, but can't pull it up in any particular order so just have to  listen to what it says i should. So far, that is mostly Setswana, which isn't music, but probably is the priority. When I have time I will find a 10 year old who can show me how to work the thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment