Thursday, March 17, 2011

Less than Two Weeks

OMG, time is racing!  My notepad is on the fritz so I sent it back to my dear friend Robert in the hopes it can be fixed. Otherwise, I have to decide if I can afford to purchase one...and then it may be a Mac....that project will keep me busy the few days I have in the Bay Area. Last weekend we moved my stuff into storage, except the things I thought I needed to live this last week. Apparently I didn't need much of the stuff since I am wearing the same pants and tops, eating out alot with friends, and well, just not using that much.  That should serve as a reminder and warning in regards to my packing for Botswana. Less is more. Less is more. More fun, less stuff!!  Yep.

 Still packing, cleaning, hopefully selling the car this weekend.  Moving in with my sister on Saturday until I leave town next Thursday.  Nevada had a nice birthday party last night thanks to her new foster parents Dorelee and Andy.  I couldn't give her up yet though so will take her there on Saturday.  Princess and Scully are in their new homes and George and Marco are hanging out watching things move in and around and out and over and whatever.

Thinking of all the things I need to eat and say and do before I leave.  Won't get to all of it to be sure.  My botswana bound pile of stuff is staring me down and HAS to be packed this afternoon, so that is why I am elsewhere right now, running those errands....Jury summons for April came and the nice lady deferred me for 27 months. so I am sure when I get back then one will be already waiting for me.  Nice.

Flying to Philly on the 31st then on to Johannesburg on the 2nd.  Can't wait. Yes, I am scared and excited. I thank everyone who has been so supportive of my efforts and not called me crazy to my face.  (Yes, I see it on YOUR faces, but no matter. We all gotta do what we all gotta do!) 

Looking forward to some time in the Bay Area with old friends and my parents. Hope to post again then before I leave because after the 31st, it will be a while.  On of my co-bots10ers, as we are called, just received 12 pints of ice cream from one of her friends.  I have 13 days and think I could do 12 pints in that time.  I know I did 62 pints in 14 days in Ireland once!  but I was younger then and that was Guinness!  We shall see.  Gotta carboload! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maggie, I attended the Dementia conference last week and found out about your Peace Corps plans. I am going to follow your blog. Humboldt County will miss you!

    ReplyDelete