Thursday, March 24, 2011

On my way to hydesville

Well left this am to head to bay area with my friend sylvia in her chinook. Looked at cal train cameras for Laytonville and willits and decided to spend the day in her home in hydesville instead and head out tomorrow. Crappy weather. Spent day getting names and address info off my blackberry and using her nifty iPad here. But not good for typing treatises so I will be brief. Sad goodbyes to sister, nieces, brother in law and dear Stan this morning as I hugged each as they left the house for school or work and I waited with my still too many bags of stuff for my friend June to ferry me to Sylvia.

All my animals are happily rehomed or in same home with new humans to look after. Thanks to my animal angels: dorelee and Andy; Kathleen,Curtis and Beth, debi and her family, and June and soon Theresa who will share Marco with debi until he moves in for good with his old new best friend Rudy, their cat.

I am still unclear as to whether I have a computer to take with me or not, but I am starting to think if I don't I will find me a Mac air in the bay area. Still unclear about what round three of my packing adventure will reveal as to if it stays or if it goes now. The more I am shedding stuff and aspects of my current existence, the less I feel like arriving in Africa with too much already in tow. But tis a hard thing, traveling lightly.


If this rain stops tomorrow, we may yet leave humboldt. At least I have til the 30th to get to palo alto, but REALLY hope it doesn't take that long. Happy Spring?!!

2 comments:

  1. TAKE CARE. TRAVEL SAFE. GOD BLESS!! DORELEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dorelee! I made it and tomorrow am buying my replacement computer. My friend Robert is still willing to pay for it and keep the funky one, once fixed for his daughter. I keep pulling more stuff out of my baggage to lessen the load. Lots of boxes for my mom to send or store here for 2 years! hugs and kisses to you and my baby!

    ReplyDelete