Thursday, February 9, 2012

Computer lost, time found... I guess

So I can't do a regular post because I usually type them at night and then put them on here at work, but my netbook was stolen from my otherwise fantastic party on Saturday and i am flying without music, movies, ability to write and still be able to read what I have written (my handwritting is so bad i can write something and not be able to read it 5 minutes later, but then you all knew that already), or photos or or or.

But in a nutshell, my party for 70+ kids was fantastic and I plan to say more about it when i have the time and means. here at work, i am just too busy to take the time to write. maybe next week when my boss is gone. lol. 

We danced, played games, ate cake and did all the things you are supposed to do at your 50th birthday party. In the evening, I put on my sexy short purple dress I bought in August in the states, makeup (one it had cooled enough so it didn't all sweat right off), and that, with my hair once again its natural color of chestnut burgundy (yeah, says that on my driver's license too, I am sure!) I was simply stunning.  Ask anyone.

And the greatest compliment of all was that I dance like a Motswana.  I guess they really think white people can't jump OR dance. 

Still waiting for my birthday packages but am glad to hear today that my special package sent to my niece Kaitlyn for her birthday on January 17th finally arrived and, as i expected, she thought it was awesome. Go Zebras!!!  


Today at the bus stop a fellow called me baby in the first sentence and then mamie in the second. I think the hair color threw him off for a second, but he recovered by calling me the term for us women of a certain age.   Not his baby or his mamie, but it was amusing anyway.


Today we delivered the last of the furniture to the group in Mogobane and after the meeting about 6 women put the desks together. Those ladies work hard, as did I. Last time I was there for the delivery of the trailer I did a little happy dance. Today I caught one of the members doing her own version!! Cool.

And my computer?  Well the police were inept and had little concern for helping me. the guy who most likely took it is a known criminal in my town. The Peace Corps Security Officer came Wednesday to talk to everyone, including the suspect but I am thinking my computer is in Zimbabwe by now, enjoying a new life of usefulness to someone I hope. I am grieving. I am lucky I have insurance. I am hoping I never really need the local police department and grateful that Thuso at PC is only an hour away if i ever really need serious help.


It is now 6 p.m. my time and I am going to head home for a night of....book reading....and playing with my cats. They don't miss the computer.













No comments:

Post a Comment