Wednesday, November 23, 2011

things got out of hand.

I clearly let things get away from me the other day with the Girls. It became obvious to me today when I took the leftovers from the two different “soups” two of them concocted and thought I would use them to make the sauce for my veggies.
Hold on! OMG that is why they were saying I was out of salt! Jeez Girls, what were you thinking?  I am going to have to cut the computer game playing expert off from any cooking because her soup was by far the most tragic.  I just put about ½ cup of sugar into my veggies to try to counteract it and not waste the whole thing. But I may have just thrown good sugar after bad salt.  Or made a nice sweet and sour thing. I’ll have to get back to us on that.
No wonder the two top diseases here, besides HIV/AIDS, are diabetes and high blood pressure. These girls like things either REALLY sweet, or REALLY salty. And they have clear expectations of what should be which.  I found another non-bake dessert recipe and thought I would try it out on them while they were glued to ET on my computer. Popcorn, which I know they like, mixed with melted honey, sugar and peanut butter, of all which I also know they like. Well one of them liked it, the others didn’t, but they tried to put some honey on another batch of popcorn, which they also didn’t like. So then they tried to rinse it off!  Like I said earlier, I may have let things get out of hand. 
So then they cook the little bit of remaining popcorn which they plan to put salt on, just as God intended popcorn should be eaten. Slight problem. All the salt was already in the soup. They helped me go through the amount of salt in, what 3 months - that I would have gone through myself in 2 years. But meanwhile, me and “the girl who will eat anything” were munching down on our Peanut Butter and Honey Popcorn and looking ever so smug.
Update on my dinner: eh, still salty, but edible. I could probably continue to dilute this for a few meals. Or just down a gallon of water when I am done and call it even. But it IS nice with my glass of wine. Hmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment