Thursday, February 24, 2011

Things are moving along

Time flies. Since my last post I have: finished my job (but for a few small projects I promised I would finish/help with); celebrated my birthday with my sister, two nieces and Stan for the last time until my 52nd birthday in 2014 (holy molie!); joined my mother and 100 of her closest friends in the Bay Area for her celebration of 50 years of practicing law (and watched her and others dance with the belly dancers who entertained theotherwise bored husbands of her closest friends); helped my expectant 29 year old sister Kami and her boyfriend Jason pack up her apartment in Santa Clara so she could move with him to be near  his family in Birmingham, Alabama; spent a wonderful weekend in San Diego with a very special friend Frank who I met in 1995 on my infamous bicycle tour in Ireland; given a 3 1/2 hour deposition in a case where the attorney spent alot of time trying to discredit my understanding of Alzheimer's and potential behaviors associated therewith; continued planning for the fostering of my pets, met with my vet Jeff and fostering angel Kathleen to figure out what will work best for George Burns, Jr., the diabetic cat (who remains the cutest cat on the planet); had the kitchen of my house remodeled; rented my house out to a lovely family who will move in on March 19th; found out that one of my best friends from college is coming to my party on March 4th; had lunch with Ginger and Malcolm who were very generous in many ways; given out multiple invites to my party and been in contact with many wellwishers and old friends along the way; reintroduced myself to the gym (thank you Ceci for the welcome back - groan); bought various externals for my notepad; wondered why my mp3 players only will let me listen to the Setswana language stuff and not the music; started to pull auction items together for the Arcata Sunrise Rotary shindig on March 12; finished my taxes; bought a nice bottle of Disaronno to help with all the workload; and done a few dozen other things I can't quite remember now.  My room mate's head spins everytime I walk into the house. I tell her it won't be like this forever.  In another 38 ish days I will have a totally different life.  But in the nexts 37 ish days it look alot like this:  packing, getting rid of things, cleaning, selling my car (sorry, it's been spoken for); new hot water heater, some tile work repair, playing with all my lovely pets, saying lots of goodbyes to friends and acquaintances and lots of hellos to all the paperwork. I keep thinking I have got to be getting things off my list, but the list seems to have a mind of its own, adding random to dos late at night when I and my furry friends are snoozing.

I like writing in run on sentences. it matches my run on life at present.

It is raining tonight, so I get to find out if the rat that has been living in my wall is still there or has "moved on" as the exterminator might well say to spare me the visuals.  At this point I would actually like proof that the money I paid was more than just a hunting license for a chance catch. Sorry rat, but you have to go. The fact that my cats don't even venture to that side of the house indicates the potential size and danger of his not "moving on."  So far all is quiet...one is  hopeful.....Tomorrow I will start again to exterminate more of my to do list....

No comments:

Post a Comment