Friday, December 17, 2010

Here I am!

Well, now that I am definitely going to Botswana on or around April 1, 2011, things are really getting serious.  I have just over 3 months before I leave and have a house to rent, animals to foster, a job to leave (but not before training my replacement a bit), and lots of good byes.  Since I work wtih mostly older people, I have started thinking and wondering which of my elderly friends will be around when I come back.  Life is so uncertain no matter what age, but the older we get, the less likely we have lots of years ahead of us.  Those goodbyes will be the hardest of all my friends, I think. 

I am saying goodbye already to a relatively new friend, my blog "msmaggieinsenegal" who will be come dormant but that's where i started my journey in blogsville.

I am hoping to start connecting with people who are also going to botswana in April, but so far haven't seen a facebook page. will keep looking. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'll be joining you in April. I don't know about you, but I've been glued to PeaceCorpsJournals, taking in as much as possible and trying to find other Bots-10 invitees.

    I don't know if you're on facebook or not, but another invitee just created a group for us today: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_142299602489934&ap=1

    Can't wait to meet you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie! I'm going to Botswana, too. I'm on the facebook group page and on Blogspot. Looking forward to meeting you in a few short months!

    ReplyDelete